The Coach Bob Pittard Scholarship Fund
The Coach Bob Pittard Scholarship invests in Apex, North Carolina high school athletes who are pursuing an undergraduate education leading to a Baccalaureate Degree. This investment is made possible through a Trust Agreement between former Apex High School teacher and coach, Robert Ray Pittard, and Wake Education Partnership.
Robert “Bobby” Ray Pittard, was born October 21, 1934, in the Carpenter Community of Wake County. He was a graduate of Apex High School and NC State University and was a veteran of the NC Army National Guard. He started his education career at Moncure High School and eventually retired from Apex High School in 1976 where he was a math and science teacher and basketball coach.
The Coach Bob Pittard Scholarship Fund is available to those graduating seniors from Green Hope High School and Apex High School, located in Wake County, North Carolina who, during their high school years, earned a varsity letter for participation in a full season in a varsity sport. The value of the scholarship(s), which is renewable for an additional three years, will be for a maximum of $12,500 per academic year.
February 1, 2018
How to Apply
1. CLICK HERE to download the Coach Bob Pittard Scholarship application packet.
*Microsoft Word is required to access and complete this application.
2. Save the packet to your computer with this file name: Your Last Name_Your First Name_PittardScholarship_2018.
3. Fill in the requested information. Complete all relevant fields to ensure that your application receives complete consideration.
*Your essays must not exceed 500 words (approximately 3000 characters). Note that characters exceeding the 3000 limit will not appear.
*To ensure you present your best image in words, we recommend you draft the essay in MS Word. When your essay is in its final draft, copy and paste it into the designated area of the scholarship application.
4. Review your completed application to ensure that all the relevant information has been provided, is accurate, and make any necessary corrections.
5. When satisfied, print out your application and sign and date the form. Note that if under the age of 18, the signature of a parent/guardian is required.
6. Gather the additional required documents (see application instructions). Present your completed application to your school’s Student Services Office or appropriately designated location based on your school’s instructions no later than February 1, 2018.
Your school’s Scholarship Committee will review your application. Once the application period has ended, the committee will recommend and deliver Pittard Scholarship applications to WakeEd Partnership.
- Draft your essays in a separate MS Word document using Word Count, Spell Check and Grammar Check
- Save your application frequently to avoid losing any information you have already entered
- Keep a copy of your application and all other documents
Who Can Apply?
Graduating seniors from Green Hope High School and Apex High School may apply for the Coach Bob Pittard Scholarship if they meet the following criteria:
- Participated/lettered in at least one full season of a varsity sport;
- Demonstrated achievement in academics, leadership, and community service;
- Must be a United States citizen or legal resident;
- Intend to work toward a Baccalaureate Degree at an accredited institution following high school graduation in 2018.
Contact Teresa Pierrie at email@example.com with any questions or concerns regarding the Coach Bob Pittard Scholarship Fund.