During SummerSTEM, One-Hundred K-12 Educators From WCPSS Schools Engage In Hands-On Experiences Designed To Bring Real-World Lessons To The Classroom.
What is Summerstem?
Professional Development for Educators
- Direct instruction in project-based learning
- Investigation in community college instruction in applied STEM fields
- Immersion in STEM work settings with STEM professionals
- Coaching in lesson design using feedback protocols
- Leadership experiences aligned with National Teacher Leader Model Standards
Community Engagement for Businesses
- Create interactive immersion experiences for educators that demonstrate the relationship between the classroom and the business world
- Support educators as they implement their SummerSTEM experiences into their classrooms
- Become a program sponsor so that more educators can attend SummerSTEM
What is STEMposium?
Each summer, WakeEd Partnership’s SummerSTEM program empowers more than 100 Wake County Public School System teachers to bring real-world lessons to the classroom through immersions with leading STEM organizations in the Triangle. This career-focused professional development program also includes coaching and direct instruction related to project-based learning (PBL). STEMPosium is an annual event where these inspired educators can share the projects that they implemented in their classrooms as a result of SummerSTEM business-school partnerships.
May 3, 2023 | 9:00 – 11:00AM
American Institute of Architects
14 E Peace St, Raleigh, NC 27604
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
WakeEd’s SummerSTEM program empowered 100 K-12 teachers to bring real-world lessons to the classroom through partnerships with leading STEM organization in the Triangle.