Join the WakeEd Partnership team! Occasionally, we have full-time and part-time positions available. Open positions are listed below. If you are a student looking for a part-time internship, see our Internships page for more information.
General Job Description: This role supports WakeEd Partnership’s fundraising and development efforts. WakeEd Partnership is nonprofit organization led by business and community leaders committed to public education. Since 1983, WakeEd has advocated for excellent educational opportunities for all students in Wake County.
- Support the President, Fund Development Committee and Board/Leadership Council members in fundraising initiatives.
- Help schedule and track fundraising outreach efforts including task lists for President, Development Committee, etc.
- Manage and maintain the donor database ensuring that all information remains current and accurate.
- Create reports and donor target lists as needed from database.
- Support grant application and reporting processes.
- Manage donor acknowledgement process in a manner that expresses appreciation and ensures effective ongoing stewardship.
- Support the yearly stewardship cycle of existing donors to encourage continuing financial support and volunteer engagement.
- Assist in researching new sources of corporate, foundation, and individual funding.
- Support the creation of collateral materials for use in development efforts.
- Other support duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Database management experience preferred. WakeEd Partnership uses the online donor management software Kindful, but experience in any similar platforms such as Raisers Edge, DonorPerfect, Salesforce, etc. will be helpful. Kindful training will be provided.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Experience with tools like EventBrite, MailChimp, Survey Monkey, etc. a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills a must.
- Effective time management and organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Development/fundraising experience preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- 20 hours per week.
- Office workspace and technology support provided.
- Flexible schedule and telework options negotiable/available.
- Prorated holiday pay provided.
Interested applicants, please email cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com by July 31, 2021.
WakeEd Partnership is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
3101 Industrial Drive, Suite 100
Raleigh, NC 27609 | (919) 821-7609