Join the WakeEd Partnership team! Occasionally, we have full-time and part-time positions available. Open positions are listed below. If you are a student looking for a part-time internship, see our Internships page for more information.
Director of Programs
General Job Description: The Director of Programs will be responsible for developing, planning, organizing, administering and leading WakeEd Partnership programs. Our programs aim at continual growth for students and educators and they currently include literacy/grade-level reading, STEM education and connecting both students and educators to employers and real-world career pathways. Read more about our programs here.
- Develop, plan and deliver Partnership programs and related activities in accordance with the mission and strategic goals of the organization.
- Develop new programs based on identified and emerging needs of students, teachers and school administrators.
- Set priorities; develop a work schedule for program delivery, monitor progress towards program goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Determine program strategies to move the organization forward while maintaining alignment with the strategic priorities of the Wake County Public School System.
- Work with the Programs Committee to develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the Partnership’s programs.
- Work with the Programs Committee to develop an annual budget and operational plan for programs.
- In collaboration with the President, develop funding/grant proposals for the programs to ensure financial sustainability to include coverage of both direct and indirect expenses.
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the programs and identify areas for improvement.
- Monitor program activities and results on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to an established evaluation framework.
- Report evaluation findings to the President and Chair of the Programs Committee with recommended changes to enhance the program(s), as appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and give effective presentations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Effective time management and organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creativity and problem-solving skills.
Salary commensurate with experience. Full-time. Benefits include paid vacation and sick time, paid medical/dental/vision insurance for employee and simple retirement IRA match contribution.
Interested applicants, please email cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 8, 2020.
WakeEd Partnership is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
3101 Industrial Drive, Suite 100
Raleigh, NC 27609 | (919) 821-7609