WakeEd’s Tools4Schools program collected more than 250,000 school supply items in the last six weeks and at least $115,691 in monetary donations as part of its “Back to School with Tools4Schools” community school supply drive that officially wrapped up this past week. The supply drive was launched July 12 before the new school year started to help stock the shelves at Tools4Schools, our free classroom supply store for Wake County Public Schools teachers.
“Once again, this community stepped up in a big way to support the teachers and students of Wake County Public Schools, “said Keith Poston, President, WakeEd Partnership. “These donated supplies have already been flowing into classrooms all across Wake County and helping ease the burden for our amazing teachers who on average spend as much as $900 a year out of their own pockets for the school supplies their students need.”
“This month alone, Tools4Schools will serve 2,000 Wake County Public Schools teachers compared to about 4,000 all of last school year,” Poston added. “Clearly we are meeting a need.”
In addition to more than 250,000 school supply items, WakeEd Partnership raised $65,691 in monetary donations. That total exceeds a $50,000 challenge match from the 4Others Foundation which will then bring the total funds raised for Tools4Schools to $115,691. As school supplies and donations continue to come in, WakeEd expects the final totals to be even higher.
Besides the official Tools4Schools supply drop off sites across the county, including all the Wake County YMCA locations, more than 100 companies and organizations hosted their own supply drives and delivered those items to Tools4Schools. That’s more than double the 40 hosted supply drives last year.
“I hope our teachers – and frankly our state legislature – sees that this community supports our teachers, believes in our public schools and wants them supported adequately and is demonstrating it through their own generosity,” said Poston.
Top 2023 Supply Drive Partners
- YMCA of the Triangle
- UNC Health
- PulseFM/Curtis Media Group
- Carolina Hurricanes
- North Carolina FC
- Edwards Beightol Law
- The Row House Midtown
- Culver’s of Apex
- Holly Springs Masonic Lodge
- Ameriprise Financial Services
- Massage Envy of Morrisville, Apex and Cary
- Trinity Partners
- Zebulon Chamber of Commerce
Top 2022-2023 T4S Funding Sponsors
- 4Others Foundation
- Amgen Foundation
- Goodnight Educational Foundation
- Elizabeth Gant
- 100 Men Who Give A Damn (Apex)
- Wake County Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #41
- Leadership Raleigh Class 44
- Delta Dental
- Joe and Cathy Salois
- Leith Auto Park Chrysler Jeep
- Mebane Charitable Foundation
- Wake County Government
- Wake County Public School System
- Arthur Ashley Williams Foundation
- Wake County Board of Education
- David Dew
- Wake County PTA Council
How can the public support Tools4Schools?
- MAKE A CASH DONATION. All gifts are tax-deductible. Click here to donate using a debit or credit card. Checks can be mailed to WakeEd Partnership at 3101 Industrial Drive, Suite 100, Raleigh, NC 27609, with Tools4Schools on the memo line.
- DONATE SCHOOL SUPPLIES. In addition to the annual Community Supply Drive in the summer, WakeEd accepts donations of new and gently used classroom supplies year-round to fill the shelves at Tools4Schools. A list of the most popular items requested by teachers at Tools4Schools can be found here. Donations can be dropped off year-round at Tools4Schools. Coordinate your delivery by contacting the WakeEd team at Tools4Schools@wakeed.org.
- DONATE SCHOOL SUPPLIES USING OUR AMAZON WISH LIST. Shop the Amazon Wishlist to buy items most-requested by teachers and ship to the shelves at Tools4Schools. Click here and select the Tools4Schools address at checkout.
- DONATE GENTLY USED OFFICE SUPPLIES. In addition to new supplies, WakeEd Partnership takes donations of gently used items for classrooms from companies, organizations, and individuals. Staplers, tape dispensers, paper cutters are always needed.
- HOST A SUPPLY DRIVE. If your business or organization is interested in hosting a supply drive, click here to register your Tools4Schools classroom supply drive and click here to download our classroom supply drive kit and start collecting! If you have any questions, email Tools4Schools@wakeed.org.
- VOLUNTEER AT TOOLS4SCHOOLS. WakeEd Partnership is seeking volunteers to help stock shelves, interact with educators, count and inventory supplies, package, and sort supplies. If your family, club, or organization is interested in volunteering, click here to sign up via Activate Good and find a time slot to come help.
About WakeEd Partnership
Celebrating its 40th Anniversary in 2023, WakeEd Partnership (WakeEd) is a leading independent nonprofit backed by business and community leaders to support the teachers, students, and families of Wake County Public Schools. Since 1983, WakeEd has been committed to improving public education and advocating for excellent educational opportunities for all students. For more information, please visit www.wakeed.org.