Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is eligible to apply for a Teacher Innovation Grant? All teachers and support personnel employed full-time by the Wake County Public School System are eligible. This includes teachers, teacher assistants, school psychologists or counselors, social workers, IRTs, and media specialists. It does not include principals or assistant principals.
- When will I receive the funds to implement my grant? Recipients are notified in May and will receive funding at the beginning of the school year to implement their grants.
- When can I apply? Online applications will be available on our website in February.
- What kind of grant does Wake Education Partnership offer through the Teacher Innovation Grants program? The Innovative Instruction Grants encourage and support innovative approaches to instruction for teachers, teams, and PLTs. Multiple content categories are available. The award amount ranges from up to $1,000 for an individual teacher application, and up to $3,000 for team or PLT.
- How do I get started? The following step-by-step guide may be useful:
- Check our website often for updates. All relevant application information, as well as workshop dates and additional resources, will be posted online as soon as they become available.
- Gather a group of teachers to discuss your innovative ideas.
- Discuss the project with your principal and get his/her support.
- Select two or three teachers to write the grant.
- Select one grant facilitator.
- Attend a grant writing workshop.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Please contact Teresa Pierrie at 919.780.5235.