Wake Education Partnership is pleased to announce that Chris Bell, Executive Vice President and Commercial Banking Executive for the Central Carolina Region of SunTrust, has been named chairman of the Partnership’s Board of Directors for 2012-2013.
Bell began his banking career with Wachovia Bank in 1992, serving in a variety of business banking leadership roles before joining RBC Bank in 2001. He held several leadership posts in commercial, business and retail banking prior to being named Regional Vice President of Commercial Banking in August 2008 at RBC. He joined SunTrust in September, 2010.
Bell has served on the board for the Wake Education Partnership since 2007 in several key roles including chair of the organization’s Finance Committee.
His leadership team on the Partnership’s Executive Committee will include:
- Gary Greene, Greene Resources; Vice Chair
- Jim Brown, NC Independent Colleges and Universities; Past Chair
- Melissa Buscher, Time Warner Cable; Board Development Committee Chair
- Sandy Fain, News & Observer (retired); Fund Development Committee Chair
- Jay Wisse, Wisse, Hollmann & Co, Programs Committee Chair
- Marty Clayton, Progress Energy; Secretary
- Don Esposito, Rex Healthcare; Treasurer, Finance Committee Chair
- Russell Killen, Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein, Attorney
- Caroline McCullen, SAS; Member-at-Large
- Marion Robinson, NC State Employee Credit Union; Member-at-Large
- Rod Webb, NewBridge Bank; Member-at-Large
“I am thrilled to take on this leadership role with Wake Education Partnership, an organization that serves as the voice of the business community on education issues and plays such a pivotal role in helping to maintain and improve the quality of our schools,” Bell said.
Bell’s term ends June 30, 2013.
About Wake Education Partnership
Wake Education Partnership is a non-profit organization that plays a critical role in helping business leaders, elected officials and educators work toward the common goal of increasing student performance measured against world-class academic standards. It is an independent non-profit dedicated to creating world-class schools in Wake County through business engagement and community involvement. For more information, please contact us through this web site or by calling 919.821.7609.
# # #