Since our founding in 1983, Wake Education Partnership has served in a unique position in the education space.
We are an independent nonprofit committed to improving public education and advocating for excellent educational opportunities for all students.
This independence has been our strength for the past 30+ years. Through our business and community partners, we’ve brought the best minds and ideas to the table to focus on education in Wake. With an eye on outcomes, our goal is to do the right thing for students.
Supported by passionate and well-trained teachers and principals, every student will graduate with the skills required to succeed in a global economy.
To engage, inform, and mobilize the business community and community at large in collaboration with the Wake County Public School System (WCPSS) providing every student with excellent educational opportunities, highly effective teachers, and strong leaders.
Wake Education Partnership’s work is made possible each year by investments from businesses, individuals, and foundation grants with the understanding that public education is central to a vibrant and healthy community. Contributions to the Annual Campaign for Public Education [http://wakeedpartnership.org/?page_id=421] help WakeEd’s focus on systemic improvements for our schools that ultimately improve the achievement of all students.
- Every student deserves an excellent public education.
- Public education is fundamental to a strong local economy.
- Well-informed citizens help public schools succeed.
- Well-supported, well-trained professional educators are essential for a high-quality school system.
- Public schools remain relevant by growing and changing with the world.
- Diverse perspectives strengthen community support for education.
- Graduates who are college and workforce ready are essential to a thriving economy.
- Our community will have both the public and political will to invest boldly in WCPSS by supporting and improving teaching and learning in every school.
- Every school will deliver evidence-based best practices in school culture and classroom instruction.
- Every educator will have access to professional development opportunities, which strengthen instructional and leadership skills.
Learn How WakeEd Works: