Vice President of Policy and Research Job Description
If you want to engage, inform and mobilize the business community and community-at-large to support Wake County Public School System, this is the job for you.
The Vice President of Policy and Research also oversees education policy research, analysis, and development, as well as, the written and oral communications of that work both within WakeEd Partnership and to external stakeholders (business leaders, elected officials, educators, nonprofits and community-at-large).
- Analyze educational research conducted at the local, state and national level in order to develop briefing papers for dissemination to business leaders, educators and the community-at-large.
- Regularly publish independent review (e.g., In Context) to discuss key public education issues and position WEP as a credible information source.
- Publish periodic Op Eds and guest columns in the News and Observer, Triangle Business Journal and other regional news publications to inform, engage and mobilize the business community and community-at-large in support of the Wake County Public School System.
- Utilize messaging opportunities via TEDx, webinars, podcasts, etc. to engage and inform key community stakeholders on important educational issues and policy matters.
- Engage business leaders in the work of Wake County Public School System through interaction with administrators and teachers (e.g., Principal for a Day, Teacher for a Day).
- Coordinate opportunities to get the business community inside our schools to engage with administrators and teachers so they better understand education policy issues such as student assignment, teacher pay and per-pupil-funding, etc..
- Identify evidence-based “best practices” in Wake County Public School System and work with district leadership and businesses in finding ways to replicate “what’s working”.
- Provide training opportunities for candidates for public office in Wake County through briefing papers, school site visits, interaction with district leadership and an annual Leadership Institute.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree in education policy and/or research preferred.
- Seven or more years of increasingly responsible work experience as an educator, researcher or policy analyst.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and give effective presentations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Effective time management and organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and multi-task.
The vice president of policy and research reports directly to the President. To apply for this position, send your resume to WakeEd President Steve Parrott at firstname.lastname@example.org.